The J-1 Preparedness Program
The J1 Preparedness Program bridges the context and confidence gap with training and mentorship BEFORE students arrive to the United States.
Many J1 Students...
• Have very little knowledge about U.S. amusement and attractions (safety standards, guest service standards, etc.)
• Have English skills, but without industry-specific terminology, or they feel shy to speak in English.
• Have never been to the U.S. and experience unsettling culture shock when they arrive.
Which for Employers Means...
• Often only trained in simple jobs (kiddie rides, back-of-house jobs, etc.)
• Lack confidence when handling safety issues
• Lack confidence when interacting with guests
• Do not want to work in the sun
• Are unhappy with job and living circumstances
• Do not want to return next season
• Do not recommend job to other J1 students
How Do We Solve These Challenges?
What is the J1 Prep Program?
Pre-Arrival Course Examples:
- Introduction to Amusement Parks & Attractions Course
- Introduction to Attractions Safety Course
- All About the USA Course
- Work Ethic and Etiquette Course
- Cultural Awareness Course
- Attractions English Course
The Program also provides:
- Ongoing networking and support community
- Mentor Program